uncover something
giftable and bound
to quiet voice.
soft home left
in bodies of water
small fish, birds from winter,
cusped for tender- a
"you" returning to a vein of leaf.
just this. and our
skin that matters most is; the pit of a california peach.
you tuck
soul thick as steak behind your lips.
and if we turn to each other,
forget our names,
i hope only to return in birth as a cold pear,
lifted by the solitude of your breath
2 comments:
Hey listen,
i can never remember my login for this blog thingy, but it's me, amanda!
Your poetry is always fun to read aloud because even if i don't understand it (though i generally do) it just feels nice in my mouth. I'm not trying to make that sound dirty. You know what I mean. The sounds and words you put together are always refreshing and musical.
So, in conclusion, what I think of this poem is:
I like it in my mouth.
Sarah I love these lines especially
you tuck
soul thick as steak behind your lips.
and if we turn to each other,
forget our names,
i hope only to return in birth as a cold pear,
lifted by the solitude of your breath.
I like them because the imagery is so clear and transferrable to feelings, I really feel like I understand this poem. If not in a literal sense of understanding, then some sort of fathomless empathy. Not to mention the IMAGES themselves are really dynamic besides the message. I love fruit, I love steak.
Post a Comment